Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Open Heart Surgery - The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (More GOOD)

In yesterdays blog i started to touch upon the "GOOD" side of open heart bypass surgery.  I focused on the cardiac rehab & the great quality of service available to Lancaster county residents.  The surgeons and cardiologist are also excellent.  My surgeons at Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Lancaster, did a great job for informing me & operating on my heart.  The cardiologists at The Heart group of Lancaster General Health, have been there for all the after surgery care.  My church, Redeemer Lutheran church, has been there from the beginning!  Prayers, meals, emails, phone calls, communion at the hospital and home, and Pastor Dave's visits!  Just knowing that people are praying for you is incredibly comforting!  Friends, neighbors, people from work and relatives have been a source of strength!  my cousin George has been a "rock", my sister Ginny (the super nurse) has been my advocate, brother Jon from Florida even flew up during my surgery to be with me, and cousin Oscar's weekly phone calls!  At work, many old teacher friends and new teachers(young enough to be my sons & daughters) were reading my blog & staying in touch.  Great bosses, from the superintendents to my tech bosses Mike & Doug, and my tech colleagues - Vicki, Sue & Rae Ann supported me the entire way!

And more Good, Bad & Ugly to come!

1 comment:

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. best neurosurgeon hospital in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete