Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

24 Weeks and Counting!

Back to work, coaching, getting ready for retirement - these are the things that make keeping a blog very difficult!  I think I will try to continue with 2-3 posts per week & when retirement starts, I will focus more on recovery & what the next 6 months will be like!

Observations:

1 - Today I noticed that as I closed the sliding glass door to the deck, the incision still is painful.  The awkward position of closing the door with one arm, still "pulled" on the incision.  I still need to do some things with two hands and be mindful of the angle that my arms are lifting, pushing & pulling.

2 - The meds seem to be having no real side effects.  I am tired at time & sleep well.  The Metoprolol that I am taking to lower my blood pressure is making me tired, but not to the point that I am falling asleep during the day.

3 - I still feel issues walking at a brisk rate & walking up hills.  I am sure with my June 20th cardiologist appointment we will discuss.  My next stress test is in September, so I will just need to be on top of those extra heart beats.

4 - Daily chores.  I am mowing the grass (push mower), using a chain saw and cutting tree limbs, trimming bushes,  and feel pretty good.  I do get tired & need to take more breaks, but at age 58 that may be part of the new reality! 

5 - Coaching was more physical this year.  Coaching the pole vault, I was always carrying poles, spotting kids that fly the wrong direction, and on my feet for long periods of time.  I must admit, there were days when I was very tired & felt exhausted when I got home.  Not many things got accomplished around the house after 6 PM!  But it was worth it!  The boy team won another State Title!  It was great to get back & be a part of another State Championship!

No comments:

Post a Comment