Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Game Plan - Fighting PVC's!

It is October 12th, my next meeting with the cardiologist is January 10th.  I have 3 months to begin my new experiment.  The use of ablation to solve my PVC's does have some risk, so the doctor wants to try everything possible before this procedure.  Here is the new med list for the next 2-3 weeks:

Stop taking the Imdur - Isosorbide (did not change anything)

Still taking my regular medication for my other issues:
Singulair - 10 mg - 1 per day (this is for my allergies & asthma)
Aciphex - 20 mg - 1 per day (this is for my stomach issues)

Now the heart issues:
Bayer (lo dose) Aspirin - 81 mg - 1 per day - (was taking this before my open heart surgery)
Lipitor - 40 mg -1 per day - (was taking 10 mg before the open heart surgery)
Plavix - 75 mg - 1 per day - (new after open heart surgery)
Amlodipine - 5 mg - 1 per day - (new after open heart surgery)
Metoprolol - 25 mg - 1 per day - (new after open heart surgery)

So, for the past 10 months, the drug we have tried to use the most for the PVC's has been - Metoprolol.  I started at 25 mg, went to 50 mg, then to 100 mg, back to 50 mg, and now down to 25 mg per day!  We may also introduce a new experiment - Potassium.  This will be introduced after 3 weeks of the new dose of Metoprolol.

The new experiment begins today!

No comments:

Post a Comment