Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

What do "Zipper Club" Buddies Talk About?

As I have mentioned in other blogs, I could not have gone through open heart surgery and rehab without my friends!  In my recovery phase, Bill, Terry, & Terry were dedicated friends that helped me the the physical & mental healing process!

Today I had lunch with my new "Zipper Club" buddy, Rob.  Rob was in my high school class from 1971. When we chatted at the reunion he mentioned he was having open heart surgery & I said I would like to visit & if he had any questions let me know.  Today we had another great visit.

What to two "Zipper Club" buddies talk about?

•  Cardiac Rehab
•  How we are healing physically
•  How we are healing mentally
•  Our families
•  Our memories (old & new)
•  Our emotions (That is tough for two men!)
•  Our wires!!! (All good stuff!!!)
•  Our hobbies - sports, etc
•  Our diet
•  Anything that pops up!

I really think when one is healing from anything - physical or mental - it is great to talk it out.  Sometimes, even if you are not close friends that is better.  There are no expectations or baggage.  Close friends are great also, and my Packers buddies are AWESOME!

So if you need healing, find a buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment