Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Smart Heart Living

Found this new web site to help educate us on a healthy heart!  It is called:

Smart Heart Living

The reason I like it is it tackles many heart issues - Risk Factors, Medication, Healthy Eating, Cardiac Tests, Chest Pain, Cardiac Rehab, and many more!!

This week I thought I would focus on things that interest me.  The first one that caught my eye was:


New options for life saving heart surgery through robotic heart surgery.


It is too late for me, but I found this to be fascinating.  I know our local hospitals are beginning to use these procedures.  Mine was old school, completely open the chest & crack to ribs open - 10-12 inch scare & a longer recovery time.  The good news is the doctors can get both hands on the heart!  Here is some of names of less invasive surgery:

Mini Sternotomy
Mini Thoracotomy
Endoscopic Approach
Robotically Assisted Endoscopic Approach

Take a look and see what other methods there are for by-pass surgery.  If you or a loved one faces heart surgery, there my be alternatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment