Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Zipper Club Buddy

There are many ways to join my "Zipper Club"!  First, it helps if you are a friend.  Second, you need to have something wrong with your heart.  And third, of course you need true zipper! (That lovely 9-10 incision running down your chest)  Well, my old busy Dave, from my old school, just joined the club!

I will be visiting Dave Wednesday!  You see Dave had a valve repaired and I will get the details.  I know he had a slight hole in his heart, and maybe had it since birth!  He is a hard worker, a hyper personality, who is always on the move.  I think he just turned 50, and is in good shape.

For a little lesson on heart valves check out:  Anatomy of Heart Valves

So, we have Atrioventricular Valves - Mitral Valve & Tricuspid Valve.

Semilunar Valves - Aortic & Pulmonary Valve.


No comments:

Post a Comment