Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Heart Healthy Diet

Doing some more research on a heart healthy diet.  Found this article at:

Mayo Clinic - Heart Healthy Diet - 8 Steps to prevent heart disease

The eight steps are:


1. Limit unhealthy fats and cholesterol

2. Choose low-fat protein sources

3. Eat more vegetables and fruits

4. Select whole grains

5. Reduce the sodium in your food

6. Control your portion size

7. Plan ahead: Create daily menus

8. Allow yourself an occasional treat


So far, I have been changing my diet, but after 16 months from my open heart surgery it is easy to slip!!  From the list above, the easiest for me is #1, 3, 5, & 8!  I'm great at #8!  Going out to eat is not to bad, except for #6.  Most of the places we good give a nice size proportion, and of course I usually clean my plate!  

No comments:

Post a Comment