Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Exercising with PVC's

Today I decided to wear my heart monitor & check how my PVC's were doing during my workout.  Well, guess what? NO PVC's!!

Starting heart rate was 67.  I walked & ran the old rail-trail off of Spooky Nook Road (one of my favorite road names!)  I did a 3 mile workout, mixing in some jogging with my walking.  My average heart rate was around 95-98.  When I did some jogging & surges (my speed work - boy was I flying!), I got the heart rate to 115.  My heart monitor showed no PVC's.

What's up?  I think I attribute my results to a few things.

1 - Dumb Luck - I think PVC's are very crazy things!  They are very unpredictable!

2 - I think I am getting in better shape - watching diet, exercising, & trying to get my rest when needed!

3 - Removing stressful life choices - I love doing things, but I'm trying to take away the more mentally stressful & frustrating activities!

4 - Ignoring the PVC focus.  I try not to wear the heart monitor very often - maybe three - four times a month.  I do not focus on researching the PVC's, except when I see new data & research from the medical world!

5 - I'm a year and a half out from my open heart surgery - TIME HEALS!

During my research with PVC's, I have discovered the many reasons for the PVC's.  Maybe I am making progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment