Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tips for Picking a Cardiologist

How did you pick your cardiologist?

Finding a doctor is always a interesting experience.  This article I found has a few suggestions:


5 Tips for Finding the Best Cardiologist for You



Here was my experience.  When I found out I needed a cadiologist, the first  advice was from my family doctor.  I have been with this practice for over 30 years - so I trust their judgement!  So, my first cardiologist seemed great and the first meeting was great.

Problem was, my decision to go to another hospital prevented me from keeping her!  Doctors are aligned with certain hospitals and this can cause some logistical issues!

Second, I wanted the BEST!  The only issue with this was I had to wait three weeks for my surgery!  I was not in immediate danger, but I would not suggest a long wait!

Here are some ideas from the article:

1 - credentials
2 - location
3 - experience
4 - gender

So, do the research - talk to family & friends!  Talk to people in the medical field!  Fight for yourself!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent tips. Really useful stuff .Never had an idea about this, will look for more of such informative posts from your side.. Good job...Keep it up
    Cardiologist Tempe Az

    ReplyDelete