Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Fantasy Football - Another Way To Love Football

As I have mentioned earlier in my blog, football has been a big part of my live - I played it in high school, I coached high school football, my sons played high school football, and I have traveled to Green Bay many times to see my favorite team play - THE PACKERS!

One other way we love football is - FANTASY FOOTBALL!  I go back to the beginning, when we drafted our team the old fashioned way - by pen & pencil & paper 0 when the draft itself lasted 4-5 hours!  Now everything is on the computer - in fact this year, in my one league I was at a musical dinner theatre with my wife & the computer drafted for me & AND THAT TEAM MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

This week I am in the semi-finals against my buddy Doug - here are the match ups:

My Team                                                     Dougs Team
QB   --  Romo, Tony - Cowboys                 QB  --  Manning, Peyton - Broncos
WR  --  Johnson, Calvin - Lions                  WR  --  Green, AJ  -  Bengals
WR  --  Cobb, Randall - Packers                 WR  --  Bryant, Dez - Cowboys
RB  --  Greene, Shonn - Jets                        RB  --  Foster, Arian - Texans
TE  --  Hernandez, Aaron - Patriots             TE  --  Miller, Heath - Steelers
OP  --  Cruz, Victor - Giants                        OP  --  Forte, Matt - Bears
K    --  Vinatieri, Adam - Colts                     K   --  Tynes, Lawrence, Giants
Def -   Broncos                                             Def -- Bears

Another way to heal a heart & enjoy your favorite sport - BUT here is a coaching tip when watching games - "Do not look at the scores till after the Monday Night Football games!"  This way it is better for your heart & you can enjoy the games!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment