Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Experiment Continues

This is my first entire week without Atorvastatin (Lipitor generic)!  My legs feel great!  One of the issues with take this medicine is muscle issues!  This is the best my legs have felt in 2 years!  Remember, after my open heart bypass surgery my atorvastatin went from 10 mg to 40 mg.

The big question will be, what will my cholesterol be like in two months????????

Fatigue?  Yes!!  I have had less energy when I was taking Lipitor or Atorvastatin!

Check out this study at:  Study Links Statins to Excessive Fatigue

It stated:

The study found that participants on statins were significantly more likely than those on placebo to report at the study’s end that their energy levels had worsened and that they were experiencing greater fatigue after physical exertion. The effects were stronger in women and among people given simvastatin (which also was found in this study to lead to a greater decrease in cholesterol levels).

Need to keep track of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment