Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Lastest Medication News & Health Updates!

It has been awhile - Took the month of January off!!

Here are some of my health updates & news:

1 - Medicine Changes:  Part of the fun of aging is the medicine we take!  I remember my mother!  She lived to be 86 & did not take ANY medication till she was 83!!  WAY TO GO MOM!!!  Your son, is not as lucky!!   Here is my list:

Aspirin - 81 mg-Daily
Montelukast - (was Singulair) - 10 mg-Daily
Pantoprazole - (was Nexium & was Aciphex) - 40 mg-Daily
     This is the new one that was changed by my liver doctor!
Atorvastatin - (was Lipitor) - 40 mg-Daily 
Metoprolol - 25 mg and Daily
Clopidogrel - (was Plavix) - 75 mg-Daily

Amlodipine - 5mg-Daily

So, that is 7!  Seven medicines that I take daily.  Here is how I started taking the medicines!

Atorvastatin - (was Lipitor)  I started this at about the age 51.  My cholesterol was high & and buy family doctor started the process!

Montelukast - (was Singulair)  I always has asthma & allergies.  Again, the family doctor suggested & the rest is history!  I do not have any allergies issues & my asthma is under control!  My doctor said it would be life changing and he was correct!

Pantoprazole - (was Nexium & was Aciphex)  Another from my family doctor!  Another life changer!  In my 40's I really started to suffer from stomach issues!  As my family doctor predicted, a life changer! This is my change as of this week!  I started with Aciphex and it worked!  The family doctor then changed to Nexium and it worked.  And now, Pantoprazole.  I will update soon!

After my heart survey:
Atorvastatin
Metoprolol
Clopidogrel

Amlodipine
Aspirin

I have had no real issues with these drugs.  For a time, as noted right after my open heart surgery, my doctors experimented with the Metoprolol.  I was having PVC issues & my dosage was raised, then lowered.  When I was taking 100 mg I was tired!  Now on 25 mg, I have more energy!

Next, Liver doctor results!


2 comments:

  1. I had my one year mile stone on Friday, of my aortic valve replacement. One message that inspired me during my recovery was Robin Williams statement It takes a year to get back to normal. That was a profound help to me. It has honestly taken one full year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metoprolol gave me severe depression. Irregular heart beats. withdrawl from this beta blocker was done by myself with the knowledge that I had no CAD, and the risk of myocardial infact was minimal. My heart rate remained in the 100's for a week, 90's for a week, and 80's for a month before normalizing. Then I had blood pressure elevation for months. After one year and no additional medications. I take 81mg aspirin daily, my heart rate is in the 70's and BP is 110/70. My Ao valve is in good shape.

    ReplyDelete