Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Last Friday I had my first "Heart Cath" test! Had to be there at 5:30 AM! Go into the hospital half asleep - this is good - save on anesthesia! Did the paper work, put on one of those lovely hospital gowns & away we go! Nurses were great, doctor did a great job, and here are the results:

Right Coronary Artery - 99% blocked!
Circumflex Artery - 70% blocked
Left Anterior (descending) 50-60% blocked

Heart "Cath" was not bad & did not take long - seemed like about 20 minutes. Of course, got a little light headed when they removed the device used to fish through my leg artery! They needed to put pressure on it for 15 minutes & with every thing else my head started spinning! Nurses reacted well, and brough me back from La-La Land!

Recovery - 4 hours resting on back & two hours on chair & home to rest for next exciting chapter!

Found thus great site explaining "Heart Cath" At the Cleveland Clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment