Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 23, 2010 - Visit to Family Doctor

Today had an appointment with our family doctor. We discussed the following:

* Checked incision were "Heart Cath" entered into the leg
* Talked about the choice of Heart Surgeons & the politics of our two hospitals
Lancaster General vs. Lancaster Regional
* My choice for Heart Surgeons is Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Lancaster - Dr. Burlingame
* Discussed paperwork for medical leave from work - will try to get Surgeons to complete
* Discussed Meds & what I should be taking
* Discussed new ideas for a Cardiologist - the one I had was attached to Lancaster Regional

Still waiting to see if I can get in earlier than December 2. Called the heart surgeons office and no openings due to someone canceling. I will need to behave for 9 more days.

Called the athletic department at school & told the athletic director I will not be coaching winter track & score keeping for the girls basketball team. Still have plans for Spring Track!

Also, called a set up a tee time for my comeback for Easter Monday, April 25th @ Fairview. They thought I was crazy!

Surgery still set for sometime the first week in December.

2 comments:

  1. Hi it is your adorable and fantastic sister!!!! Yes, nurse Ratched is right here watiching you!!!

    All I can say Jim is let's get this surgery going!!! You never know - there may be cancellations - just keep checking in - it won't hurt... That is what everyone does in your shoes...

    As for now - lay low..

    Love ya - Ginny

    ReplyDelete