Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Good-Bye to My Stockings!


Another step on the road to recovery. Today I throw out my "TEDS". What are "TEDS" do you ask?

Ted stockings, also known as teds or T.E.D. (Thrombo Embolic Deterrent) stockings, are anti-embolism stockings for the legs that help prevent blood clots. They are used primarily for bedridden patients and postsurgical patients. Teds are made of elastic fibers that squeeze the legs, which promotes healthy blood flow.

Every night we would remove the socks & wash the socks. And every morning, after my shower we would put them on, and I emphasize WE. The first few days home, Sue would help & it was not easy! After about 4-5 days I was able to put the "TED" socks on myself! One of those small things we take for granted! Dressing yourself!

Today I will pull out my stop watch & go for a walk around the neighborhood. My goal today is two ten minute walks!!

GOOD-BYE - Thrombo Embolic Deterrent stockings!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm here at mom and dad's we were thinking of you. Boy I know all to well all the fun things that go along with recovering from heart surgery.
    Glad to hear the stockings are gone and you're on your way to a great recovery!
    We love and miss you all. You're all always in our prayers!

    God Bless,
    Courtney Shamenek and from Jakey and Flossy Johnson. They hope you enjoyed your special flowers and balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Yes, you have an amazing story! Your family has always been in our prayers & I have felt your prayers!!

    Say Hi to Jakey & Flossie, my heart never recovered from the first ride I had when you Dad was driving me to Dauphin County Vo Tech!!!

    The flowers and ballon are awesome!

    ReplyDelete