Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cardiac Rehab Starts Again

OK, yesterday I talked about waiting & being patient! Well, I have rescheduled my cardiac rehab for next week. My first day back will be Tuesday, February 1st - that is 21 days since my extra heart beat in rehab on January 11th!

I'm sure most people that have had medical issues have had a similar problem with today's medicine. It is the coordination between all the people involved with the person that has the health issue, in this case it was the hospital(LGH), the cariologists(The Heart Group) and the Cardiac Rehab at the Health Campus. And I think we, the people living in Lancaster County, and the coverage I have, through the school district is very good! But, I sense this could all be in trouble for the future? With the cost of health care, the economy, and government(Obamacare) dabbling in the medical world, it will be interesting to see what happens! As of now, I am lucky to have what I have! And I still have waited 21 days!

To solve the health care problems we need to solve the communication & costs between - HOSPITALS & INSURANCE COMPANIES & DOCTORS & GOVERNMENT! The next 5-10 years may be VERY interesting! I know one thing(and this will make my sister proud) you (or someone for you) must be an advocate for your own health concerns! Keep good notes, ask a lot of questions, and learn as much as you can about your on situation!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am overwhelmed with joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

    YES JIM YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!

    Big Brother, I love you - but even me as your own private nurse - ask me questions about your medical care and decisions I am talking to you about. This is your body, this is your life, so you are absolutely, positively right, you take control of the ship!!!

    Okay Captain Kirk (for everyone that doesn't know Jim's past demons - he is a Star Trek follower) - you are doing a phenomenal job!!!!

    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

    Love ya - Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks little sis! Thus staying healthy is becoming a full time job! So much of it is really education & common sense. I am anxious to get back to rehab & see how I react. I'm going to start recording my walking & pulse rate today if the roads are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next Friday night on February 4th, on 20/20 at 10 PM- Barbara Walters is doing a special on cardiac surgery. She will talk about her own valve surgery, plus she will also interview post CABG celebrities - such as, David Letterman, Robin Williams, Bill Clinton, etc.

    So make sure you watch next Friday!

    Love ya - Ginny

    ReplyDelete