Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heart Healthy Diet

Just starting to build a game plan for next week meals. I have been very good for the past two months & even before that, I was not stupid, but cheated on occasion. I have been eating oatmeal & cheerioes for breakfast every morning. And my usual lunch is a soup and sandwich(wheat bread). Supper at the end of day usually things like chicken, fish, & pasta. Rarely do I eat red meat & junk food. I do have a sweet tooth & before November I would usually have one candy bar a day(especially Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - WOW!) And tracing my diet back to the removal of my gall bladder in 2008, that is when I would cheat a little more - an occasional Philadelphia Cheese Steak(Oh Baby!), or a couple hamburgers on the grill.

What I will do today is start to build a shopping list:
Breakfast
Oatmeal, Cheerioes, Egg Beaters, Bananas, Apples, Oranges, & Orange Juice & 1 % Milk

Lunch
Salads, Tuna, Wheat Bread, Lettuce, Turkey Slices, Soups(Heart Healthy), & Pomegranate Juice

Supper
Chicken, Salmon, Tilapia, Pasta, Mushroom Tomatoe Sauce, Fresh Vegetables(Broccli, green beans, etc)
Need to do more research on Tilapia - found this article!
And this article from Healthy Day News

Snacks
Angel Food & fruit, popcorn, Fruit, Pretzels(low salt), Graham Crackers, Bagels, Yogurt

This is a start, I will come back & change this list as I continue to research. I am also working on my cooking abilities. When I retire I will be the Main cook!(Pray for Sue) So far my specialty is spaghetti! I will also try to come up with recipes I can handle without destroying the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment