Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back at Rehab!

Just arrived home from rehab and here is the latest:

1 - Still had a few extra heart beats at certain times, but they were not as concerned. I did not push myself and started working on upper body. Here was my routine:

Place monitor on chest for nurses to monitor
Warm Up
Walk two laps
Rowing machine for 6 minutes & wash hands
Take blood pressure & wash hands
Treadmill for 12 minutes & wash hands
Take blood pressure & washed hands
Arm & Shoulder workout for 6 minutes & was hands
Walk two laps
Cool Down

The entire workout takes about one hour. One thing I will do is buy stock in the company that sells the hand wash - you do that after every machine that you workout on!!!

2 - Today we also had a learning session that covered the following:

a - a detailed discussion on the human heart & its function
b - a look at methods of repairing heart issues - angioplasty, stents, & open heart surgery, along with a look at the heart cath devices, heart pacemakes, and other heart toys!
c - a video of the "emotional" side of heart issues & recovery

It was a great session & the nurse, Sue, did a great job of answering our questions. One thing I have noticed is that most of the patients are male! Need to do a statistical look at heart disease!

Next rehab is Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You are such a nut job! Yes Jim it is the height of flu season so you wash your hands a lot. Please don't ever become a surgeon because you will get tired of scrubbing up for the OR!

    I am so glad you are up and running in rehab. So, now you are on your way. Yes, you old fart males do not listen and are headstrong in how you live your lives. It usually takes a CABG to open men's eyes as to their lifestyle and habits.

    I am bringing moisturizer for you the next time we get together. Your hands get very dry in the winter when you do all of this handwashing! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Bro..

    Real men don't use moisturizer especially son of a steelworker. If you use a moisturizer it is a slippery slope. I agree with Little Sis you will not become a surgeon after retirement but I envision a moisturizer leading to the opening of a salon ala Mr. Jim's salon "Men's nails should be beautiful too" or "let yor toenails shine thru your sandals"

    So Little Bro, lay of the moisturizer.

    Big Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a brother & sister that are comedians! Next time I clean my hands at rehab, (which is a lot!) I will focus on the comments of my little sis & big bro!

    And Jon, the only time I washed my hands working for Bethlehem Steel was before lunch!

    Keep the jokes coming! HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete