Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PVC's and more PVC's

I am on a mission!  Had cardiac rehab today & the PVC's are back & persistent!  Here is what I have noticed -

FACTS
After I was kicked out of rehab for the 3rd time I was put on 100 mg of Metoprolol.  The other variable is I'm back to work (41 more days but who is counting till retirement) and coaching - so long days!  The cardiac rehab is now in the afternoon, instead of in the morning.

WHAT I HAVE NOTICED
At rehab I am now throwing PVC's during my first 20 minutes on the treadmill.  When I was on 50 mg of Metoprolol, exercising at 8 AM at rehab, and not working I would get passed the treadmill with no PVC's, but would have them when I took it up a notch on the rowing machine or elliptical.  My heart rate is now showing PVC's at 90-100!

So, what is next.  I have 4 more rehabs & I am finished - the game plan is to not get kicked out & wait till my cardiologist appointment in June.  Until then, I will continue to workout, wear my pulse monitor, and be careful.  I also found this interesting article about supplements & PVC's at:
The American Heart Association & PVC's

Below is the discussion:

Re: Bigeminy after heart bypass
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 8:41 AM   in response to: heartofwisdom in response to: heartofwisdom
  Click to reply to this thread Reply

Work with your docs but I take supplements that has reduced my PVC's by 95% and on most days, I feel virtually nothing. I've had bigeminy PVC's for over a year.

2 to 3 capsules of Omega 3 fish oil 1,000 mg each (cheap $10 for 3 mo supply)
2 250 mg Magnesium (cheap under $5)
100 mg CoQ10 $$$ very expensive ($36/month)
1 to 2 bananas/day for the Potassium
2 750 mg Coral Calcium/day ( $9 2 mo supply)

I also take a Multi Vitamin

Eliminate all caffeine (coffee, tea, colas)

Also, when the PVC's come for a visit, try coughing hard a few times or hold your breath and bear down and tighten your stomach/ab muscles for 5 to 10 seconds. repeat if necessary. It has never failed me

I must tell you that until I started taking the Fish Oil, Magnesium and the CoQ10, none of the cardiologists meds worked so I know that the supplements work. For a fast, soothing relief, soak in a bath tub of Epsom salts (loaded with Magnesium) your body will absorb the Magnesium.

Hope that this helps

Interesting!  Will need to print it out to take to my cardiologist.  I have started to take Omega 3 fish oil - 1200 mg per day.  I seem to be OK on it, I only feel like swimming upstream once a year!

2 comments:

  1. JIM YOU NEED A HALTER MONITOR ON!!!!! Come on this is just really, really necessary to generate a more definitive diagnosis. Please be persistent with the cardiologist - I am not impressed that they are not being proactive in throwing a monitor on you. This is so routine and not a big thing for a cardiology group to place on a patient.
    Soon your little sis is going to come up to Lancaster!!!!! GET THE MONITOR ON!
    LOVE YOU LOTS BIG BRO - Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halter is coming, the cardiologist says it can wait till June! The nurses are watching me at rehab like a HAWK! If I sneeze they are on me!

    ReplyDelete