Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Celebrated Birthday in Typical Fashion - 5 Months after Surgery!

This time of the year, the normal pattern of school, track practice, and big weekend track meets, is the normal way I celebrate birthday week.  This year was no exception, the only difference was my new birthday of December 13th - open heart surgery!  So, the 5 month anniversary was also this week! 

At the 5 month date, my recovery is headed in the right direction.  The healing process & strength are coming back.  I took a personal day Friday & spent the morning with the chainsaw cutting up tree limbs & carrying the limbs to my wood stack.  This activity went well, the only thing I noticed was some lack of strength & cardio conditioning - that should get better.

After my tree fun, I prepared for the Lancaster-Lebanon Track meet at our track.  That usually means making sure the pole vault area is reading to go.  More physical activity!  Then preparing for the competition & the "fun stress" of competition!  The girls pole vault was Fridat night and the young ladies were awesome - Kaya 2nd at 10'6, Dani 5th at 10', and Heather with a double PR at 9'!  The three young ladies had an outstanding day & the day ended on a great note!

Today, the boys go!  A 7 AM breakfast with the coaches, 10 AM boys pole vault, & a chance for the boys & girls team to win their fourth title in a row!

So, after 5 months, golfing, chain sawing, mowing grass, coaching, & back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment