Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More on How I Feel Eight Months After Open Heart Surgery - Meds

Here are my latest Meds:
Medicines Old – Before Open Heart Surgery
Aspirin EC Tab                      81 mg                        1 per day                       AM
Lipitor(Atorvastatin)             40 mg                        1 per day                        PM
Singulair(Montelukast)          10 mg                        1per day                        AM
Aciphex(Rabeprazole)           20 mg                        1 per day                       AM
Medicines New – After Open Heart Surgery
Amlodipine                               5 mg                        1 per day                        AM
Plavix(Clipidorel Bisulfate)    75 mg                        1 per day                        AM
Metoprolol(Lopressor, Toprol)50 mg                        1 per day                        AM
Isosorbide (Imdur or Isotrate)  30 mg                        1 per day                        AM
My body has seemed to get used to the medicines that I am taking.  The only thing I feel is the Amlodipine & Metoprolol, beta blockers, are keeping my heart rate down & I do feel tired more after lunch time (need a nap)!  I I have NEVER been the napping kind of guy!
Like I have said before, I really feel great, except for the PVC's.  And if I do not get my heart rate passed 100, I do not even feel them!  The Imdur, which gave me massive head aches the first week, is now no problem.

So, my medical sense (I think I'm a natural) is, the meds are doing nothing for my PVC's!  I still wonder, what I would feel like with some of the meds, especially the beta-blockers?  Like a good boy, I will continue to take the meds & keep an eye on my PVC's.  Remember, in September I will be tested again, and we will see what the doctors say.

My guess is I will need an Ablation?  I will ask if I could try to drop certain meds and see how I feel first.  Her will be my suggestion:
Medicines Old – Before Open Heart Surgery 
(KEEP THESE THE SAME)
Aspirin EC Tab                      81 mg                        1 per day                       AM
Lipitor(Atorvastatin)             40 mg                        1 per day                        PM
Singulair(Montelukast)          10 mg                        1per day                        AM
Aciphex(Rabeprazole)           20 mg                        1 per day                       AM
Medicines New – After Open Heart Surgery
Amlodipine                               5 mg                        1 per day          AM  STOP THIS?
Plavix(Clipidorel Bisulfate)    75 mg                        1 per day          AM CONTINUE
Metoprolol(Lopressor, Toprol)50 mg                        1 per day          AM CUT TO 25 MG
Isosorbide (Imdur or Isotrate)  30 mg                        1 per day         AM STOP THIS?
As you can see the changes I will suggest will be the Amlodipine, Metoprolol, & Isosorbide!

No comments:

Post a Comment