Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

40 Year Class Reunion

Well, 40 years have passed by in a flash!  This weekend I will be celebrating 40 years after my high school graduation.  Today we had a golf outing and talked of the high school days, our families, and of course our operations & medications!  Yes, it is here, I am now officially in the senior citizen category!  I'm definitely on the young side, 58, but I'm there!  Why,........

1 - I'm retired!  After 35 years in education, I'm retired, but still waiting on my first retirement check!

2 - I'm medically challenged!  10 inch scar on my chest, medications every morning & night, and starting to worry about the stock market!

3 - I'm ready for grandchildren!  After talking with my old high school buddies, I need to see if my two sons are ready to begin that family.  Jared is getting married in November & Josh is looking at maybe next year!

4 - I'm ready for my second career!  Like I have mentioned before, I will be looking at many new possibilities!  More time volunteering at church, part time jobs, and tackling a little fishing, golfing and my love of history!

40 YEARS!  Class of 1971!  What a change!  Now I know a little how my parents felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment