Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

More on PVC's & Exercise

Found this interesting video on PVC's and exercise - check it out at:

Recovery PVCs During Treadmill 

Testing Tied to Heart Disease


The part that I found interesting was during the recovery phase after exercise.  This seems to be the most critical form of PVC.  This will give me more questions to ask my cardiologist - 

1 - In my recent testing, what did my PVC's look like after exercise?

2 - When I had the heart monitor for 24 hours, did I have PVC's while resting, sleeping, etc.  Does the monitor show the time of the day that I had PVC's?


3 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Mike Montoya and I am a teacher as well. I also had PVC's today after my rehab. I am unique in the fact that I am a sponsored triathlete and had my RCL dissect. My rehab is going really well, but today after I biked and ran on the treadmill I had them after I got off the the tradmill in the recovery phase. Feel free to check out my blog and also I would like to talk to you and get more info. Thanks, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,

    Great to hear from you! I'm not ready to run a triathlon, but at age 58 would like to jog & bike again! My PVC's occur while walking up hill and the heart rate gets to around 85-90. My last stress test I had a run of 3 at a heart rate of 129 & they stopped the test.
    Questions
    1 - Did you have PVC's before surgery?
    2 - Do you only have the PVC's only during recovery!
    3 - What meds are you on?

    Thanks for the comments! Good luck with your PVC's and what is you blog address?

    Thanks
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back. Meds: Effient 10 mg 2 x's/day, Simvastatin 20 mg., and Lisinopril 5 mg. I don't know if I had them prior, I guess it's possible. I usually get them while running on the treadmill or in the recovery phase. My blog address is www.mikemontoyatriathlete.blogspot.com

    Thaks, Mike

    ReplyDelete