Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Exercise, PVC's, and Medication

It has been four weeks since my last cardiologist meeting.  Prior to that meeting I had a echo stress test and blood work.  At the meeting, it was decided that I would try working on my medicines.  Here are the medications:

Heart Medicines:


Now the heart issues:  My Heart Medicines!
Bayer (lo dose) Aspirin - 81 mg - 1 per day - (was taking this before my open heart surgery)
Lipitor - 40 mg -1 per day - (was taking 10 mg before the open heart surgery)
Plavix - 75 mg - 1 per day - (new after open heart surgery)
Amlodipine - 5 mg - 1 per day - (new after open heart surgery)
Metoprolol - 25 mg - 1 per day - (new after open heart surgery)

Still taking my regular medication for my other issues:
Singulair - 10 mg - 1 per day (this is for my allergies & asthma)
Aciphex - 20 mg - 1 per day (this is for my stomach issues)

The exercise is going well.  On my walks my heart rate will rise to 100-120 on uphill sections.  The PVC's seem to be less frequent and will only happen on uphill sections.  I have accelerated on flat sections and had PVC's when the heart rate approaches 105-110.  Overall, my fitness has improved and the PVC's seem to be improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment