Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Exercise and PVC's

For the past 2-3 weeks I have exercised and ignored my PVC's (Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. Premature ventricular contractions are premature because they occur before the regular heartbeat.)


Today I put my heart rate monitor on and went for my 50 minute walk.  I felt good throughout the walk, but the PVC's are still there.  The good news is they are occurring at a higher heart rate (100-105).  Of course this usually happens on the uphill section of my walks.  When my heart rate goes below 100, the PVC's go away.


My next doctors appointment is the second week of January.  I will give him a full report & see what he will suggest.


So, one year after heart surgery, I feel good, but still have the PVC's.  They do not slow me down, I just make sure I do not keep my heart rate about the 100 level.


Found this interesting article on PVC's:


Exercise Induced PVCs - Dangerous or Not??



No comments:

Post a Comment