Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cardiologist Appointment

Today I had a meeting with my cardiologist (the one that specializes in PVC''s - my electrical issues)  All went well, he was happy with my progress!  He checked my blood tests & listened to my results when I exercise.  Here are some of my questions & answers are in red.


Questions:
1 – Heart Monitor – now PVC’s will happen at 110-115?
            OK, keep an eye on the monitor & if I have any symptoms – light headed?
2 – Did not start potassium?
            OK, level was 4.2 – average is 3.4-5.4
3- Continue Meds?
            OK, Plavix (75mg, Amlodipine 5mg, & Metoprolol 25 mg
4 – Generic for Lipitor, is it OK to take (saves bucks!)?
            Atorvastatin – is OK
5 – Any danger with exercise?
            No, just be smart.
6 – Heart Cath area is felt when sitting or driving?
            Checked & seems ok, could be scar tissue.
7 – What was blood pressure?
            125/80
8 – Next appointment?
            January 2013 – all tests – blood & stress test.


So, moving on to my 13 month after by-pass things are looking good.  Just need to keep track of PVC's and maintain a heart healthy lifestyle!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment