Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

21 Months After Open-Heart By-Pass Surgery!!!!

Here we are!  21 months after open heart by-pass surgery!!!!  Here is my report!

Exercise
I have tried to be smart!  My main workout is walking.  Usually 5 days a week average at about 3 miles.  I have tried to mix some small degrees of jogging.  I also include yard work(mowing grass with a push mower), golfing(mostly with a cart, but walking some on each hole, and my part time job of cleaning carpets!  I need to be aware of my PVC issues.  I still seem to get them around a heart rate of 110-120.  Here is what I did today:

Walked 3 miles around Grubb Lake - got heart rate to 110, had PVC issues twice on severe up hill pushes
Mowed grass - 30 minutes - got heart rate to 105 - NO PVC's

Medicines
Here is the list of prescription drugs:
Before surgery:
Aciphex - 20 mg daily (This is for my stomach)
Montelukast - 10 mg daily (This is the generic Singulair, for my asthma & allergies)

After Open Heart Surgery:
Metoprolol - 25 mg daily - beta blocker - keep blood pressure down
Amlodipine - 5 mg - calcium channel blocker - keep blood pressure down
Clopiogrel - 75 mg daily - (This is the generic Plavix) - blood thinner
Atorvastatin - 40 mg daily - (This is the generic Lipitor)  was taking for about 10 years at 10 mg

Other Stuff
Low Dose Aspirin - 81 mg daily
Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1000 mg daily

Diet
Here is what I changed:
Red meat once a week
Fish twice a week
More Fruit & Vegetables
Less baked goods
Trying to eat nothing after last meal of the day
Drinking more water

The surgery seems like a long time ago!  The easy thing to do forget what happened!  That is why this blog has been great - IT REMINDS ME WHAT THAT SCAR IS ON MY CHEST!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment