Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Golf and Heart Disease?

One of my main focus in my heart surgery was getting back to playing golf!  Why golf?

1 - The competition of the game, trying to improve, working on the many facets of the game (driving, iron play, chipping, & putting), and playing a friendly round against your buddies!

2 - Getting outdoors for 4-5 hours!  A great way to enjoy nature, different courses, and just the beauty of nature!

3 - Exercise - walking or riding the cart will give you exercise (I know walking is better!)

4 - Being with friends!  Or if you are lucky your sons or daughters!  My both boys play & that is a special 4-5 hours!

Check out the article at : Golfing After a Heart Attack or Heart Surgery!

As I have mentioned in an earlier blog post, my first time out after heart surgery was Easter Monday 2010.  About 4 months after surgery.  After open heart surgery, it was suggested at least 3 months till the sternum healed!  I do remember one particular "divot" that I felt in my chest!!!

So, golf is another way to enjoy some exercise, time with friends or family, and a day in the sun!!

Four!!!!!!

One of the UGLIEST SWINGS EVER!
CHARLES BARKLEY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment