Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Heart Issue Reminders!

It was two years ago this week that I decided to do something about my health!  Let me take you back to what led to my Quintuple Open-Heart By-Pass Surgery!!!

Warning Signs!

August 2010 - Had my annual physical at my family doctor - everything OK.

September 2010 - Feeling tired -though it was my schedule & age - 57!

October 2010 - Had trouble mowing the yard, had to stop to catch my breath!  Blamed it on my asthma!  Also, at my job, walking around school & up & down steps was getting difficult - thought I must get in better shape!

November 2010 - Had more issues!  Had trouble raking leaves, cutting grass, walking up steps!  I new what was happening, but thought it is last year of teaching - NEED to FINISH!!!  I had tightness in my chest, not pain.  Was tired!  Steps were difficult!  Before I called the doctor I needed to try my walk around my neighborhood!

Tried to walk, but could not get up hills without stopping!  If I made it home, I would call my wife & tell her - and then call my wife!

Next day at family doctor, sent me for a heart cath!  3 major blockages!  99%, 60%, 50%!  I need OPEN HEART BY-PASS SURGERY!


DO NOT WAIT!  If you have any signs - GET TO A DOCTOR!

I WAS LUCKY!  I WAS STUPID!  I COULD HAVE WAITED TOOOOOO LONG!!!!

Here are some websites to visit for advice!

American Heart Association

Heart Attack Symptoms in Women

Mayo Clinic - Heart Attack Warnings

Signs & Symptoms of Heart Attacks



No comments:

Post a Comment