Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

On Friday it will be Heart School

The time is approaching for Monday Surgery! Friday, I will go to the Lancaster General Downtown Pavilion and go through my preoperative testing & teaching. Yes, it is back to school, for all my Hempfield buddies I wonder if I can get AIS credit! Here is what happens Friday:

* 9:30 AM - Report to Information desk and ask for a specific nurse
* Need to bring a list of the meds: I take - 10 mg of lipitor, 10 mg of zetia, 10 mg of Singulair, & 20 mg of Aciphex
* Following this preparation & testing I report to the Cardiothoracic Surgeons Office
* I will have my surgical site marked and my history & physical updated
* I will receive a prescription for Bactriban - needs to be purchased in LGH Pharmacy
* Stop taking certain meds - Coumadin, Plavix, Aspirin, vitamins, etc.(Aspirin is my only one)
* Ask any questions that I may have

This entire visit should take 3 - 4 hours

I will receive a time to report Monday for surgery.

So, that is the game plan is for Friday. Yesterday I received my first letter from the insurance company Heath America. The initial paragraph stated:

"Based on the information from your physician, the following service(s) has/have been authorized, for the above named member"
THIS IS GOOD NEWS!
Of course then it adds in the letter, any additional services require separate authorization, this is subject to all the terms & conditions of your benefit pan, if the heath care plan denies coverage, you will be notified, and you may appeal. And more insurance speak........

I will keep all informed to how the insurance plan handles this process. So far so good. It is really the furthest thing from my mind right now, but I'm sure many people have added pressure when it comes to their medical coverage. This is a major concern in this country - but at this time I will not get into "Obamacare"!

No comments:

Post a Comment