Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

11 Weeks After Open Heart Surgery & Another Stress Test

Here the the latest:

I had my Stress Test at 8:15 today - (nothing to eat since 10 PM last night)

The new dosage of Metoprolol is now at 50 mg (was at 25 mg)

First three minutes went well. The next three (raising the incline & speed) got the heart rate up to 105-110 range & I had several bigemeny (extra heart beat every other beat). Then the nurse kicked it up a notch to more speed & raised the incline. At a heart rate of 129-130 throw in a run of 4 in a row in the test was shut down.

Now must see the cardiologist March 8th.

That seems to be some improvement. Hope the cardiologist feels the same way! It definitely was a workout, that is the fastest I have gone since July - August of 2010. At that time I was walking & would mix in some jogging & sprints(I guess it is a sprint - whatever you call a 57 year old moving his legs as fast as possible)

So, it will be 25 days when I was kicked out of cardiac rehab to my next doctors appointment. I hope Dr. Worley agrees with my assessment of improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment