Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Focus on Projects

Part of recovery is focus. Some days it pays to focus on other things besides recovering from open-heart surgery (NOT EASY). But, to recover from surgery, you must take time to forget the surgery!

Today I focused on:

Setting of my retirement schedule! As I have mentioned earlier, this is my last year in education! 35 years of education and I thought the last year would be like all the rest, but after my November Heart Cath, that was about to change! After submitting my retirement letter back in November I set up dates for meeting my financial advisor & the my Exit Interview. The meeting with my Financial Advisor will be April 27th & Exit Interview May 3rd. All the paper work is filled out & ready to go!

Next, I worked on my retirement plans! One of my passions that I have not been able to work on is my love of history. The first project will be the research of the history of my county of birth - LEBANON COUNTY! I have started this research several months ago & here are areas I have tackled so far:
Cornwall Furnace - the iron industry
Union Canal - connecting the Susquehanna & Schuylkill Rivers
Lebanon County Railroads - the birth & growth
Mount Gretna - Lebanon's Playground
Indiantown Gap - military reservation
Lebanon Bologna - cannot eat much any more!
The Blue Eyed Six - a famous murder trial

Today it was a focus on my retirement & retirement projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment