Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday & Heart Recovery

Started the day sleeping in to around 7:30. Sleeping is going much better & I even rolled over on my side during the night! PROGRESS. I'm still starting on my back, but have moved to both right & left side (depends on how loud Sue is snoring!) So sleep is basically back to normal, with the exception of sleeping on my belly!

Diet went well today:

Breakfast - Oatmeal & glass of orange juice
Church - this is a great Sunday Diet!
Lunch - had dinner out with Sue's Aunt & Uncle. Had a Caesar Salad with grilled chicken. But had to watch Uncle Paul eat a big juicy steak! (must have been 8 inches long & 1 inch thick!)
Supper - Sliced turkey sandwich on wheat. Some "Simply Naked" (no kidding - that's the name) Pita Chips - 1 serving has Saturated Fat 0.5 g & Trans Fat 0 g & Cholesterol 0 mg & sodium 270 mg.
Snack - Heart Healthy Popcorn

Medicine changes are going well, the metoprolol from 25 mg to 50 mg has not had a big impact on how I feel. My goal this week is to walk up to 45 minutes total. Maybe 3 times at 15 minutes for each walk and see if I feel any "flutters" in my heart.

Will post blood pressure and pulse rate later on this blog. I will try to post two readings each day this week - AM & PM readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment