Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Exercise Machines

Cardiac Rehab has allowed me to experience many different types of cardiac equipment. Here are the machines that I have uses and a link to some of the equipment if you click on the piece of equipment.

The Treadmill
This is usually how I begin my workouts. This piece of equipment is a great way to warm up and get the heart rate up. I usually do not have my PVC issues on this machine. I think one of the reasons is you do not use your upper body in this workout & also, I haven't pushed my heart rate on this machine - I usually get to 95-100 heart rate.

Bikes
I have used a few types of exercise bikes. There are two main types - bikes with upper body workouts and others that do not work the upper body. The upper body bikes get my heart rate to the 105-110 range & produce the PVC's! Just as the treadmills, the bikes can be programed for hill workouts, random hills, and other selections.

Rowers
These machines are one of my favorites! There is something about rowing a boat that is relaxing! Again, you get the cardio, upper & lower body workout. This may be the first machine I would buy for the house & row my way to Jamaica!

Ellipticals

This is one machine that I have not used in cardiac rehab, mainly because I think it could cause more PVC issues. But, before I am finished with cardiac rehab, I will definitely try it out!

Steppers
This is one workout machine that is not in the cardiac rehab gym. This must be like snow shoveling - NO NO! Just kidding, I think they just do not have one, but will ask next week at rehab!

Cardiac Rehab also has a small weight lifting section, dumb bells for upper body, two leg machines (extensions & leg curls), and the giant balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment