Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three Month After Surgery Check-up

Today was my three month after surgery checkup! Dr. Marwaha impressed me right away when he told me the history of my journey! From back in November with my first cardiologist Dr. Smith, my electrical cardiologist Dr. Worley, and all my heart caths & stress tests! He was easy to talk to and was very positive about my future. The heart medication will be as follows:

Lipitor - 40 mg - continue as usual
Metoprolol - 50 mg - contine what Dr. Worley recommended
Plavix - - 75 mg - continue as usual
Amlodipine - 5 mg - Thought I would stop, but must continue because my second heart cath, that showed that my one bypass had a spasm.
Aspirin - 81 mg - continue as usual
Nitroglycerin - new one - only take in an emergency - if I am working out or feel that tightness in my chest like I had before surgery. Should keep this with me all the time!

So, the PVC's seem to be getting better & my next doctor visit will be in June! I will start my 19th session of cardiac rehab & try to continue to keep my heart rate this week around 95-110. Next week I may take it up a notch! Dr. Marwaha also will want me to wear a 24 hour heart monitor in June to check me out & have another blood test in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment