Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Making up Days for Cardiac Rehab!

Over the past 2 1/2 months I have been "kicked out" of rehab twice because of my PVC's. The first time was 3 weeks & the second time about three weeks. So, what I am trying to do is pick up extra days of rehab to try to get to the 36 sessions total. Today, I hit session number 20. I am trying to get as many as possible before I start back to work at the end of the month. Because of school & coaching it will be difficult to schedule rehab sessions.

Today I had several exercises that indicated a return of PVC's. I again seem to have the PVC's when I get the heart rate to 105-110. I did not have a run, but had several one time events & some bigeminy. One of the nurses suggested I watch my breathing. I may be stopping my breathing patterns when my heart rate rises. Friday I will try to focus on breathing & getting plenty of oxygen into my lungs!

Found this interesting article concerning PVC's -

How to treat your heart palpitations a.k.a PVC's

No comments:

Post a Comment