Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cardio Files

Found another good resource for after surgery & open heart bypass.  This patient is 4 months out and still suffers from shortness of breath.  It is an interesting discussion, have a look at Cardio Files!

One of the discussion topics is heading back to work and your state of mind:

There's another side, as you know, to the matter of recovery from this kind of life threatening experience. It really plays havoc with your mind. I was fortunate and didn't suffer too much in that department because I made a very good recovery, quickly. But I know of people who are very afraid of going back to work in fear of stressing their heart too much to the point of being debilitated almost "thinking of work". Cardiac rehab programs can help a lot there because they bring you along on an nutrition, antistress, and exercise program with physiotherapists and nurses.

I think in my case there are many concerns, plus the PVC's I'm experiencing:

* heading back to work
* coaching
* church meetings
* retirement
* as I mentioned - PVC's

Managing all this the next few months will be my challenge - making wise decisions to slow down will be a goal as I recover the next 2-3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment