Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tomorrow Will be 16 Weeks After Surgery!

Sixteen Sundays ago, December 12th, I was getting mentally prepared for surgery!  And now, 16 weeks later, here is the "State of the Heart" speech!

Medicines
Lipitor - 40 mg - continue as usual, remember, before the operation it was 10 mg
Metoprolol - 100 mg - because of PVC's this has changed twice - 25-50-100 mg
Plavix - - 75 mg - continue as usual
Amlodipine - 5 mg - Thought I would stop, but must continue because my second heart cath, that showed that my one bypass had a spasm.
Aspirin - 81 mg - continue as usual
Nitroglycerin - only take in an emergency - if I am working out or feel that tightness in my chest like I had before surgery, I need to spray this under my tongue and hope for the best!

The other two meds - Singulair(10 mg) & Aciphex(20 mg), I still take for asthma & stomach issues.

My strength is coming back and chest is feeling stronger each week.  In rehab, I am still doing wall pushups, but I have upped my lifting - Ex: 25 lbs one arm bent rowing, 20 lb one arm curls. etc.  I was out in the yard raking this weekend and felt not problems in the chest & shoulder areas.  I will try to hit a few golf balls at the range this week!  I only have a slight pain at the top of my chest, where they

Sleeping is awesome now that I am back to work, coaching and doing rehab!  The only issue may be I am starting to feel the extra beta-blocker - Metoprolol, which lowers my blood pressure.  May need to back off my hours and get more rest!

Mentally, I need to stay positive & not let the extra PVC's get to me.  The only issue I have is at rehab, when the nurses can see my extra beats and I know they are concerned.  I will attempt to avoid eye contact and pedal, row, and walk to a relaxing vacation at the beach!

Spiritually, I need to focus my prayers on the PVC's!  Just like my heart surgery, when I pictured God's hands guiding the surgeons, I will focus on God's hands solving the electrical issues and solving the timing issues in my ticker!

No comments:

Post a Comment