Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Healing a Heart with Father's Day

It seems that after open heart surgery a lot of things seem different!  Today I was lucky enough to have both sons treat me to a round of golf!  Good weather, both boys together, and fours hours of quality time with my sons!  One reason golf is a great father - son sport!

As I said 6 months ago, one way I calmed my nerves was as I prepared for my operation on December 13, I focused on teeing off at Royal Oaks Golf Course, as the drugs put me to sleep, I played the first hole, then the second, then the third and the next thing I know I was waking up from surgery sometime late Monday afternoon on December 13th.

Well, today, June 19th, I had a chance to play the course for REAL, with my sons Jared & Josh!  What a difference 6 months makes and what a great day to be a Dad!

PS:  They also paid for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment