Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Look at My Medications

 The experiment continues, the doctors have changed my meds, again we are looking to get a handle on the PVC's.  The changes are as follows:

 Metoprolol - I am now taking 50 mg instead of 100 mg.  I told the doctor, when I did my exercise I felt lethargic and could not get my heart rate up above 80-85, and still had the PVC's around 78-80.  When I exercised before taking my meds in the morning I could get to 90-95 hart rate and PVC's would come around 90.

New drug - Isosorbide.  I have been on this for two days.  The first day I got the heart rate up to 90-95, and I had no VISIBLE PVC's!  And I felt good exercising.  The draw back is after lunch I have had headaches.  This is supposed to be a common side affect.  And I usually never have headaches!  I will keep an eye on this!




Medicines Old – Before Open Heart Surgery
Aspirin EC Tab                      81 mg                        1 per day                       AM
Lipitor(Atorvastatin)             40 mg                        1 per day                        PM
Singulair(Montelukast)          10 mg                        1per day                        AM
Aciphex(Rabeprazole)           20 mg                        1 per day                       AM
Medicines New – After Open Heart Surger
Amlodipine                               5 mg                        1 per day                        AM
Plavix(Clipidorel Bisulfate)    75 mg                        1 per day                        AM
Metoprolol(Lopressor, Toprol)50 mg                        1 per day                        AM
Isosorbide (Imdur or Isotrate)  30 mg                        1 per day                        AM

No comments:

Post a Comment