Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Imdur-Isosorbide

Imdur-Isosorbide

This is potent stuff!  What does it do?

Imdur is in a group of drugs called nitrates. Isosorbide mononitrate dilates (widens) blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow through them and easier for the heart to pump.

 For the past few days it has given me a BIG headache!  The side effect listed are:

  • fast, slow, pounding, or uneven heart rate;
  • feeling like you might pass out;
  • trouble breathing, blue-colored skin, tired feeling; or
  • worsening angina pain.
Less serious Imdur side effects may include:
  • headache, mild dizziness;
  • warmth, redness, or tingling under your skin;
  • nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea;
  • pain or stiffness in joints or muscles;
  • hot flashes; or
  • dry mouth.

     As I mentioned earlier, my exercise in the morning has been going well!  I have not seen my heart rate monitor go crazy one time!  And the headaches seem to be getting better!  I will try to drink more water and track my headaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment