Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Class Reunions and Life

We all make choices every day.  Some are about our health (therefore this blog)!  Some are about family, financial, religious, or just deciding what clothes to wear today?  And,  for almost all people, we have a choice, should I go to my high school class reunion or not!

My wife and I have not missed one in 40 years!  My class Cedar Crest 1971 & Sue's class, Springford 1971 have had reunions every five years for the past 40 years!  And last night was mine!

Growing up in Lebanon County, PA was certainly an experience for me!  In the 1950's & 1960's this was a "Steel" town.  For over 200 years, the iron ore from the Cornwall mines dictated life in the area.  For people in our community this solid industry provided jobs & a "Blue Collar" world that other parts of the country also experienced!

Things have changed, the steel industry is gone along with other manufacturing jobs!  And the hard work in the steel plants & iron ore mines is now a thing of the past.  The class of '71 has lived through a change in economic conditions, the Vietnam War, the 60's Revolutions & Protests, and the 70's & Disco!

So, the Class of 1971 of Cedar Crest High School shared there stories last night.  Families and occupations, ups and downs, and of course all our health issues!  Yes, between the battles with cancer & of course heart surgeries, we shared our stories.  I hope this blog may help a few of my old buddies face any heart issues they may have! 

Today, this blog is dedicated to Rob, who will have Open Heart Surgery in two weeks!  If you need any help, let me know!  Our prayers & thoughts are with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment