Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Zipper Club Buddy is Doing Fine!

As I noted earlier, today I went to visit and old classmate.  Rob is a fellow member of Cedar Crest Class of 1971.  After my open heart surgery, one of my missions was to help others that had open heart surgery.  Today was a great day to compare notes & develop a new friendship.

As I said earlier, Rob and I are classmates, but we never had the opportunity to become close friends in high school.  Just like many class reunions, after 40 years, things change.  Now, the conversations at the reunions involve more medical talk then job or family talk.  While talking to Rob, he said that he was having open heart surgery sometime in September.  I told him to give me a call when he is home and we can discuss his recovery.

We had a great lunch today!  Rob shared his story  and how he felt two weeks after surgery.  We talked about pain after surgery, medications, sleeping, sneezing(a thrill after open heart!), rehab and the mental approach to recovery.  Of course we also talked about our high school days!

I was a great visit and we hope to get together again in a couple weeks!  Good luck Rob!  Stay positive - Stay focused and Stay in Contact!!!

2 comments:

  1. As the newest member of the Zipper Club, I felt honored to have Jim once again re-enter my life. I was having a tough time yesterday until Jim and I went to lunch. I had fun and we even laughed. Jim, thank you for taking your time to help me understand some of these events in my life and I am truly looking forward to our continued relationship of stories, laughter and fellowship. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day! Many more to come! Lunch in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete