Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Long Walk Today!

Today was my long walk day!  Here are the details:

Total Walk - 61 minutes
Starting Heart Rate = 73
Max Heart Rate = 99
PVC's at 1st & 2nd Hill Climb = somewhere when heart rate was 95-99

The total walk felt great, but hills are still a challenge.  The PVC's feel like the heart is not able to give the extra kick I need.  The monitor I wear is nice because it starts to beep, and when I look at the readings on the monitor it will go from 95 to 53!  The PVC's make my monitor go whacky!

Did some research on my heart rate & workout.  The web site that I found also discussing using my monitor & heart rate goals.  For my age, my maximum rate is 139.  I can only get to 100-110 safely, before my PVC's kick in.  Remember, my last echo-stress test, my maximum allowed was 129.

Here are details: From - Using a Heart Rate Monitor


So, I will not be able to get to the Anaerobic Level.  Here are my levels for my age:

Age 58 - Maximum Rate of 139
Hearthy Health Zone - Heart Rate of 69-83
Fat Burning Fitness Zone - Heart Rate of 83-97
Aerobic Zone - Heart Rate of 97-111
Anaerobic Zone - Heart Rate of 111-125
Distance Workout Zone - Heart Rate of 90-111

So, for now, a heart rate of 105 - 110 seems to be my safe limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment