Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Exercise & Cardiac Rehab

Back to Cardiac Rehab.  Today had a great walk - one hour & 15 minutes!  Back on one of my favorite trails - The Rail-to-Trial in good old Lebanon County!  Had a chance to get my exercise & enjoy my piece of Lebanon Count History!  This trail was part of the Cornwall Railroad and the Cornwall-Lebanon Railroad, two competing lines that enjoyed the wealth generated by the iron ore in the Cornwall Mines!

Today, I started at Cornwall, PA and walked to route 72 and back.

I first passed my old elementary school.  Thank you Miss Reed, my awesome 1st grade teacher!
Grade 2 - Miss Long, Grade 3 - Mrs. Juliana, Grade 4 - Miss Edwards, Grade 5 - Mr. Garman and Grade 6 - Mr. Onifrey!  All great teachers!

Passed the trestle bridge, this allowed the competing railroads to cross each others tracks!

The Cornwall Inn - a bed & breakfast now, when I was a kid solid penny candy (not good for the hearts!)

Mile marker #9!  Great view!

This was my favorite discovery - a bench dedicated to two of my old football coaches!  (Mr. Hetrick & Mr. Umberger!) (NOW I'm an old football coach!!!)

Finally I reach Route 72 bridge!  Great day - Great exercise - Good for the Heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment