Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Can drinking pomegranate juice help lower my cholesterol?

Found this interesting article and started to research pomegranate juice. Why pomegranate juice? This juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most juices and antioxidants are thought to help the heart, especially reducing LDL - the BAD cholesterol. Check out these two websites for further details:

MayoClinic.com

Wisegeek.com

Tomorrow is the day. I will meet with Dr. Burlingame a 1:00 PM. So it has been 12 days since my Heart "Cath" and this will be the second opinion on my blockages.

Here is the website of the heart surgeons:

Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Lancaster

3 comments:

  1. Jim-
    Vicki passed this along to me. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    Glad to see that you are giving us good, quality resources to keep us up to date. (A librarian somewhere must have taught you this!)

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathi! I will try to keep my sources up to your standards & the thoughts and prayers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Jim. Great site. We have been sharing with lots of people around here. I asked Noelle about Burlingame since she works with all of those guys and she had good things to say. Also, I did not realize this, but apparently his brother was a pilot on the plane that crashed in Western PA on 9/11. I remember her telling me about it at the time, but did not make the connection until she reminded me today.

    Best of luck! We're all thinking about you. Let us know how you are making out.

    ReplyDelete