Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Searching for a Cardiologist

If you remember back to the beginning of my heart story, we were caught initially in a tug of war between Lancaster Regional Hospital & Lancaster General Hospital. Our family doctors, Mountville Family Practice, have been great to us for over 25 years! As the boys were growing up in Mountville, all the bumps & bruises were patched up and healed with good medicine and a caring spirit. My wife and I were always happy with our care and the normal things that a young couple needs to stay healthy was handled professionally and with kindness.

So, when I was sent to Dr. Smith, a cardiologist, I found the same thing was true. She was easy to talk to and quickly prepared me for a heart catheterization at Lancaster Regional Hospital. Again, all our experience at Lancaster Regional has been great. My gall bladder surgery & colonoscopy (another fun experience) were handled extremely well! But after the heart cath, we had a decision to make, where would we have the heart surgery? All our friends and family directed us to Lancaster General and specifically the Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Lancaster & Dr. Burlingame.

The main point of the entry today is for the past 25 years we have had excellent care as a family living in Lancaster County! And yesterday, Dr. Ellen Smith, called to see how I was doing and discussed the next step in my path to good health. She was a "class act" and I said that I would love to have her as my cardiologist, but for communication and logistical reasons it would be better for me as a patient to go with a cardiologist that is associated with Lancaster General Hospital. Again, I would "highly" recommend Dr. Smith to anyone! But as a patient, the overall experience and number of bypass procedures that Lancaster General has performed led me to their door. So far, I am happy with that decision! But again, I wish to complement all my caregivers, especially Dr. Smith, for all they do to keep us healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment