Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Open Heart Surgery Support

Looking for ideas for support & open heart surgery. So far, the best support I have is from a few buddies that have been through open heart surgery. Just like everything else in life, to talk to others that have been through similar problems - just seems for real!

A couple coaching buddies - Terry Shuman & Terry Engleman have been great to talk to and share similar issues. I have looked at Facebook - Open Heart Surgery - "The Zipper Club", but just can't get into the social networking scene.

Found a national organization - Mendedhearts.org. It is an old organization that has been around for over 60 years! The web site - http://mendedhearts.org/ provides a lot of good info & I need to see if we have a local group.

As I get close to retirement, I wouldn't mind attending or helping with a support group in the Lancaster area. I will check out what Lancaster General has to offer & the Cardiac Rehab.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I think you would love to be involved in a support group. Talk to the nurse at cardiac rehab concerning what resources are available in the area.

    I am hoping Green Bay wins for you today - this will help you in your recovery stage!

    Take care - love you - Ginny

    ReplyDelete