Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

What a Wife!

After 34 years of marriage you would think you knew everything about your wife! Not so! Open heart surgery has proven to be an opportunity - an opportunity to see even more reasons why I found a special woman!

Remember that part of your wedding vows ..... "in sickness and in
health, as long as we both shall live."

I guess "open heart surgery" would count as sickness! Sue was amazing! First she helped me through the first 24 days before the surgery! I was not allowed to do anything! Did not want to have a heart attack! Decorating for Christmas, Shopping for Christmas. Taking out the garbage, walking the grand-dogs, driving me everywhere, and making sure I was not stupid!

Surgery day, we were up at 4 AM, at the hospital at 5 AM, stayed with me through the long first day! Visited me in the hospital! After having issues with Percocet, staying with me overnight the last night in the hospital room!

Getting me home, helping me dress, taking a shower, feeding me, and making sure again - that I did not do something stupid! Still not allowed to drive for 4 weeks! And here I am, almost four weeks out from surgery!

And all this and working full time! Well, guess what! I love her even more! She is an amazing woman & I am one lucky guy! Our love has grown stronger & deeper! My surgery and recovery would not have been possible without my awesome, lovely, dedicated wife! I'm a lucky guy!

Sue, I love ya more then ever! Your amazing & incredible strength though this entire ordeal was inspirational! I hope "My Heart Under Repair" will make our next 34 years even better!

All my love!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment