Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cardiac Rehab #7


Today was my 7th cardiac rehab! I got the heart rate up into the 100-105 range and still had a few extra beats, but no real runs (that is 3 or more in a row). This is good. Again, the sessions are monitored very well & the nurses and physical trainers are well coordinated and very visible. According to the American Heart Association, my age group Target Heart Rate for my age is around 83 to 140. (Click on the chart to enlarge for viewing)

So, I guess if I'm hitting a heart rate of 100-105 I'm doing pretty good for my situation. In my heart stress test I had a few weeks back, when I hit 110 they shut me down, that is when I had a "run" of extra heart beats.

My goal the next few sessions is to kick it up a notch, of course I will check the the rehab people and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment